Bishop Brodie hands the key of the new church to Father Fogarty
- 2.30pm Formation of Procession outside Presbytery.
- Order of precession: Geraldine Band and Choir, Children. Cross-bearer and acolytes, sodalites of the Children of Mary, Timaru, Temuka, Ashburton, Cathedral, St Mary's, Beckenham, and Addington, Christchurch, Darfield and Waimate. Ladies of the Parish; Men of the Parish; Priests; the Bishop and Hibernians' Bodyguard, consisting of members from the following Branches: Christchurch, Rakaia, Ashburton, Timaru, Temuka, Waimate, Darfield and Geraldine.
- 3.00pm.Bell tolls and Precession moves off past Bank of New Zealand and along Peel Street.
- 3.10pm. At new church.
- Ceremony begins with procession of His Lordship the Bishop and priests around new church.
His Lordship opens the main door and enters, followed by the priests.
- 3.30pm. Addresses by Rev. Father M. J. Fogerty; other speakers, and His Lordship the Bishop.
- 4.30pm. The Ceremony terminates
- Solemn Pontifical Benediction and the singing of the Te Deum by a choir of priests.
Tea will be served on the grounds after the Ceremony.